So we tried our hands and legs (literally) today at levitation photography which put our friends on FB and Instagram into a fix. It scared some of them and definitely made some hallucinate. Below is the image that we posted.
Alright! Coming straight to the point, if you have an idea, like we did - Let's do a levitation photography with some smoke dust coming off like a take off from the ground, you will have to do some preparation to get the images into Photoshop to layer and blend them together.
The way we did this:
1. Get an image of the background. The background will be your image over which you layer other images. The below image was a reference background image.
2. Get yourself onto a stool, chair or ladder. We had a ladder at home to do this and hence I went and stood on the ladder. Image below:
3. Get your balance and pose well as though you are levitating. Image below:
4. Get the smoke dust. It would be a very bad idea to blow in dust inside your home, so we had talcum powder to use at home. If you use any sort of powder you need the flash to come from behind it to make it look like dust. Below is the picture of how we took this. Connected the Canon 80D via NFC to my mobile phone and took this shot as both of us had to get this to work.
5. Finally get all the images into Photoshop and layer them using layer masks. Add your favourite gradients and adjust the colours, saturation and brightness to make it look surreal and you're done :) We will definitely write soon about how to use layer masks in Photoshop